Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So, everyone keeps telling me I need to start blogging... So, here we go!!!
Khari and I were blessed on August 6th, 2008 a beautiful baby girl, Kennedy Christi Hawkins! She was quite the surprise, but a very pleasant surprise and one that we are very grateful for. She is truelly a blessing. Kennedy weighed 6'7 lbs and was 191/2 inches.
Talk about a SURPRISE... I went to the doctors on August 4th for just your regular weekly check up and found out I was having a C-Section that Wednesday!! Thank goodness I have an amazing doctor, Kat Miller and knew I was in good hands. The delivery was awesome, my doctor and my good friend Yvonne who is a nurse at St. Marks were part of my delivery... talk about a party!! Lol... the only thing missing they said was my heels!! Yep... wore heels to the day I delivered!! A girl has to do what a girl has to do!!! Kennedy was born at 1:18pm and the delivery went smooth.
Choosing a name for Kennedy was pretty easy. In both Khari and mines family, the children's were all named "K" names, so of course our baby had to be a "K". I've always liked the name Kennedy and he didn't seem to mind it either. The middle name is really special to me and I knew if I ever had a baby girl I would name her after my late sister, Kristi. Kristi was an amazing person always smiling, spunky and full of life. I know that she had part of sending Kennedy to me. Lol.. I'm not quite sure why yet, but I know that she prepared Kennedy before coming down. Thanks sis!!
Kennedy is now 2 months and weighs 12lbs and is 22 inches long. Lol.. she loves to eat!! Her little personality is definitely coming out. She is beginning to smile and talk, which totally makes your day. But, no worries the attitude also shines!! Lol.. just ask Grammy. We are lucky to have Khari Aunt babysit her, which is so nice. Kennedy has learned... she will sit and cry and then when you look at her she'll stop... then once you turn away she'll cry again. No worries.. theres no tears coming out she just wants it her way!! lol.... just like a girl.

2 comments:

Teri Scheithauer said...

Kelli!!!! She is GORGEOUS! Just like her mommy.....Congrats!!!!!
Now you just have to keep the blog updated with pictures. I am sure she changes daily...
Love ya cute girl!!!!-Teri =0)

The Lapuaho's said...

I am do glad you started blogging....isn't it fun!! You need to post more pictures so I can see what she looks like today.